Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Budgeting - Ugh

 and thought this is a cake walk!  Little did I know that Dave Ramsey, being the evil man that he is, had more in mind than here's a list of what I'd like to spend per month.  Check out Sam's step by step instructions on How to create a zero-based budget for more information and to begin your budget!  I have since established my budget and well it's complicated.  Dave said give it a few months to figure out what is realistic and iron our your budget.  I won't go through the whole thing, but here are the common household expenses and how I'm doing.

Expense              Budgeted Amnt          Spent Amnt          Difference
Groceries            $150.00                       $98.53                   $51.47
Eating Out          $100.00                       $236.39                -$136.39
Fuel                     $120.00                       $212.41                 -$92.41
Shopping*           $100.00                       $113.49                -$13.49 
Entertainment   $100.00                       $165.62                -$65.62

*Shopping - $53.91 of my shopping budget was spent on Dave Ramsey's new FPU kit, so it's kind of his fault that he made it so expensive and more than 1/2 of my budget!!!

Total I am off Budget - $256.44

Unfortunately I am off budget, but I may have been a little aggressive in month one and know that tracking what I spend on a regular basis really made a huge difference in comparison to what I normally spend!  There are 7 days remaining in the month, so have to do my best to not go over anymore! 

That means yay for ramen!



No comments:

Post a Comment