Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gordon Ramsay vs Dave Ramsey - Both are scary.

I've been fortunate enough to have people in my life tell me to make some wise investments, but I am clueless when it comes to managing money, saving, planning for emergencies, not living paycheck to paycheck, and planning for retirement.  Therefore I listened to Buffalo Bleu when he mentioned Dave Ramsey.  All I could picture was Gordan Ramsay, the British chef that drops the F-bomb every 5 seconds.   
Dave Ramsey    

Dave Ramsey isn't much different.  He does refrain from using the F-bomb, but he doesn't beat around the bush, he is blunt and tells you exactly what he thinks!  People are stupid and need people to beat the truth into them sometimes.  I am one of those stupid people therefore I signed up!

I attend Financial Peace University every Monday night.  There are 7 Baby Steps that Dave Ramsey suggests you follow:
  1. $1,000 In An Emergency Fund
  2. Pay Off All Debt With The Debt Snowball
  3. 3 To 6 Months Expenses In Savings
  4. Invest 15% Of Income Into Roth IRAs 
  5. And Pre-Tax Retirement Plans
  6. College Funding
  7. Pay Off Your Home Early
  8. Build Wealth And Give!
I am currently on Baby Step #2-Pay Off All Debt With the Debt Snowball.  Fortunately I have very little debt (excluding my mortgages) therefore am not to worried about that.  The hard part is my monthly budget. I imagine it will take a few months to get a firm budge in place, so here is month #1's budget.

Entertainment (eating out, drinks, movies, etc.)-$100
Grocery Store-$150
Internet-$50
DirecTV-$63
At The Beach - Spray Tanning :)-$63
Bally Total Fitness-$18
Haircut and dye-$25
Fuel-$100
Cell Phone-$100
Unity Fax (fax to email)-$6
Chiropractor ( I go every 6 weeks)-$30
Shopping (Clothes, hair products, make-up , etc.)- $100
Rent-$600
TOTAL -$1,405

Due to the fact that I just made my budget and well it's the middle of the month, operation live like a poor person, poor but tan, commences on June 15th.  Wish me luck!




5 comments:

  1. are they related still does not tell us about them being related

    ReplyDelete
  2. No not related. David Ramsey is British

    ReplyDelete
  3. the two last names are spelled just slightly different, so i'll go for no they are not related

    ReplyDelete