Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Secret Garden


As a child one of my absolute favorite movies was The Secret Garden!  


My garden will not be quite this lush and beautiful, but mines edible and well it's mine!  And who better than to help with this mind boggling task, but my Mom aka Bert.


Bert knows how to grow a garden!  She was born in a town in Eastern Colorado with a population of 68.  Yes, 68 people-TOTAL.  There are were no grocery stores, so she learned at a very young age what living off the land truly means.  Me on the other hand, well I'm from the sticks, but we had Schwan's!


Frozen meals delivered via truck to my front door!  Who needs a garden?!  As a child I didn't appreciate Bert's fresh fruit and vegetables or the taste of our very own cattle processed at the butcher shop in town.  I still love Schwan's, but nothing beats fresh therefore this year, with the assistance of Bert obviously, am going to plant my very own garden and live off the land!  

No comments:

Post a Comment