Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"52 Reasons" Deck of Cards Book for Buffalo Bleu

Buffalo Bleu managed to get a whole week off of work because his boss was going out of town, so he came to Colorado!  We had an absolutely amazing time and it broke my heart to have to drop him off at the airport this morning.  I wanted to thank him for being an absolutely amazing person and show him how fortunate I am to have him in my life, so I made him a "52 reasons" Deck of Cards Book.  I'm not really sure who came up with adorable idea as I've seen it all over Pinterest and the internet, but wanted to share my version that I made for the man in my life!

Here's what you need:
  1. Deck of Cards - I bought a plain ole deck of cards at Walmart
  2. Glue - (Did they outlaw rubber cement or something?)  I know it's been awhile since I was in school, but seriously?  I loved that stuff and couldn't find it anywhere!
  3. Index Card Rings - I bought the pack of 6 which included various sizes as I wasn't sure how fat the book would be.
  4. Hole Punch - You also need a hole punch which I didn't think about until last minute and had to run to the grocery store.
  5. Card stock or a piece of cardboard to make your hole punch template.
  6. Your "52 Reasons"!

I made my 52 reasons by setting up a label template in Microsoft Word.  I set my template up so that they were 2"WX3"H.  I used the label template so I could print light gray lines along the borders making them easier to cut.  




Then I cut them all out and glued them to the front (the side with the number and suit) of the card.  I laid my cards out over night to ensure they were all dry and didn't stick together.
The next day I created my whole punch template.  I traced around a card on card stock, cut that out and then used the template to whole punch each playing card.
Aren't they cute!
I was deeply engrossed in the TV show Dallas, so accidentally whole punched three of them upside.  I didn't have time to re-do them, so Buffalo Bleu just had to live with it!
Now hook all the cards together in whatever order suits your fancy and make a cover using the jokers or extra cards that came in your deck.
 And Wa Lah!!!









Needless to say Buffalo Bleu loved it and has agreed to keep me around for another day!












No comments:

Post a Comment